I don’t really pride myself in being an expert at many things, but I can online shop with the best of ’em! I’m sharing all of my secrets for successful online shopping such as size charts, where to find sales, and a few tips on saving money!
Some of my favorite online stores to shop can be somewhat confusing when it comes to sizing and shipping, so I’m finally sharing all of my shopping secrets.
Photos by Backseat Photography
Bookmark/pin this for when you’re ready to shop!
Shein – I shop this website quite a bit. It’s perfect for inexpensive and trendy items. I have personally not had any issues with Shein and really like shopping there! I know some people have had issues with shipping times, etc; so I wanted to share some tips. Here are a few things to expect when shopping at Shein:
- Don’t order if you’re in a time bind. Items take 3-7 days to ship which means 7-14 days to arrive
- ALWAYS look at the size chart for sizing (make sure you’re reading in INCHES and not CM)
- Don’t just get one thing. Then it takes forever to arrive! Add to your cart until it’s $100 so you get free shipping + express shipping
- Look for someone who has worn the item before (I never share anything I don’t love and I know other bloggers feel the same way)
- Read reviews
- I only choose items that state “priority dispatching” to ensure they’ll arrive in a timely manner (1-3 days for shipping)
- Always know “you get what you pay for” so don’t expect Nordstrom quality at thrift store prices
- Pay for the $1.99 return premium fee so you can return the items that don’t work with their prepaid shipping label
- Most of the items are made in China, but shipped in the US.
Here are a few things I’ve recently ordered from Shein
Chicwish – This is one of my favorite places to shop for trendy and fun pieces. I just got this bow 2-piece for a cruise and can’t wait for it to come in. Here are a few tips I’ve found from shopping at Chicwish:
- Always wait for a sale. Items go on sale regularly, so I never buy anything full price! I try to alert yall for the sales, so just be on the look out for those! Right now use code SES10 for 10% off (ends June 15th)
- Shipping does take a little longer than usual, but you can express ship
- Look at sizing. Chicwish tends to run large in my experience
- Shipping is free and arrives DHL from NJ
Here are a few things I’ve recently ordered from Chicwish
ASOS – This probably is my most recent favorite website. I have had SUCH good luck with this one. I love love love everything I have ordered from here and they do have really great customer service as well as ship worldwide. I do get a few questions about this website, so here are my tips:
- Use the categories to search for what you’re looking for (or my website, I have it lined out for you what I’ve had and love)
- Invest in the $19/year unlimited 2-day premier shipping (it arrives in 2 days like PRIME!)
- If you have a student email, you can get 10% off every single order (BEST THING EVER)
- They have great sales (20% off casual wear right now – including my favorite sneakers)
- Look at sizing. Most sizes are in UK, so always make sure you’re looking at US sizes!
- Read reviews/look for items people have worn
- Free returns with preprinted shipping label – EASY!
Agaci – I shop in store here sometimes, but have ordered online several times as well. You can expect normal US shipping on this one and quality as that of something you might find at Forever 21! I actually really like their denim shorts and some tops and jumpers.
Here are some things I’ve ordered lately from Agaci
- Check sizing
- Expect to wait for items
- Wait for sales – EVERYTHING is 50% off right now with code YAY50
CupShe, RoseGal, NAKD, Zaful and others you see on Facebook ads – I have not ordered from these websites, but have heard mixed reviews! My advice is always read the reviews and trust your gut! I am wanting to try a few of these and will update this post when I have a good review on them.
Romwe – I do not recommend ordering from this website. They have some of the same items as Shein, and a less great quality of customer service and returns, in my experience. I know some people have had great luck with this website, but my opinion is to save your money!
Other Money Saving Tips for Online Shopping
Retail Me Not – I ALLLLLWAYYYS check this website before ordering anything. There is usually some sort of discount code even if it’s just free shipping. You just search the store you’re shopping and then copy the code. Super easy! Best hack ever.
EBates – I don’t personally use this, but I know lots of people that do and have great luck with it!
Paribus – This service is free and life-changing! You just sign up through your email that you shop with (the one you get email confirmations to) and when an item you’ve purchased price drops they will email the company to get a refund of your money spent. I love waking up to Paribus emails and money being back on my account!
Another fun tip: Leaving items in your cart will sometimes trigger the retailer to email you a coupon! Try it! 😉
Okay, yall! This was the longest post ever, but I hope it’s super helpful while you’re online shopping some of the things that I share! Please don’t hesitate to reach out and let me know if you have any questions on websites, sizing, shipping, etc!