One of my New Year’s Resolutions was to really cut down on shopping and select only the items that I truly need in my closet. I want to add more wardrobe capsules like these 10 things that every woman needs in her closet.
- A Good Blouse – I fell in love with this one immediately. It comes in petite which is helpful for my frame, and the quality is exactly what I look for when buying. It’s so funny because I walked out of the store and met with my family, and my mother-in-law had this shirt on! We are 30 years apart and both LOVE this shirt as well as wear it for our age. It’s truly the best blouse and it comes in 5 colors as well as regular and petite.
- White Denim – Everyone needs white denim in their closet. I have one pair with no distress, one distressed and one high-waist pair of white jeans. I wear all of them an equal amount. These are my distressed and these are my non-distressed. The high-waist ones are great too.
- Jeans that Fit – Speaking of denim; you need a pair of good jeans. We all have those jeans hanging in our closet from 6 years ago that you swore you would fit in again. Get rid of them. You aren’t going to wear them and you need to invest in a good pair that fits. My favorite non-distressed can be found here and my favorite distressed (on sale for less than $55) are here. I also really love this brand because they’re very affordable and fit really well.
- 3 Pairs of Shoes – Black, Brown and Nude. I actually have these 3 colors in wedges, boots, dress heels, sandals and flats. These are my favorite shoes right now and they are super comfortable yet go with everything!
- Neutral Jacket/Cardigan – You need a jacket or cardigan that will go with many things for you to reach for during cooler nights or early mornings. I lean for a neutral so it can be layered with more things! This denim is a good go-to!
- Black Skinny Jeans – Apparently I really love jeans, but I promise you need a good pair of black denim. These are my absolute favorite and though they’re more pricey than most, the quality is amazing. They’re so good, I now have everyone I know buying them. They’re not sold in stores but the return policy is great. Let me know if you need help with sizing! Read more about these jeans HERE.
- Quality Tee – I’m not talking about the one you throw on to do the laundry or the one you wear to paint. I’m talking a good-quality tee that can stay in good shape for a while. My favorite is this one by Lilla P.
- Dress – You need at least one dress (mine go-to is black) that fits hanging in your closet for weddings, funerals, or any time you need a dress!
- Leggings – A good pair of leggings is untouchable to me. Spanx is my go-to in the leggings department. The faux leather leggings are a must as well as a regular pair of leggings.
- 3 Bags: Crossbody, Tote & Clutch – I love all of these bags for different reasons, but need them all. I use my tote for everyday (momming and diaper bag stuff), cross body for when running in a store or just need my wallet and clutch for out and about without my kids. There are so many affordable options out there too, so don’t feel like you need to be sending a ton on a bag. Just do what you can!
I’ve done a better job on getting items that I truly need and trying to get more timeless pieces. I’ve had the hardest time getting rid of old things, but my new rule of thumb is this: if you haven’t worn it in 3-6 months, it’s out. I’ll be styling more practical things coming up in the next few months so if you have any hesitations on these 10 items, let me help you find a reason to keep it in your closet or purchase something new!
Hope yall are having the best week!