It’s spring in full swing here in West Texas, and I can’t keep my kids inside! Now that the temps are warming up, I want to share a few ways to get outside with your kids and get some of that fresh air and Vitamin D.
I’m so guilty of doing the same things over and over, so this has helped me branch out. We don’t have many things to do in West Texas, so we’re making the best of what we’ve got and doing simple activities to get our bodies outside!
- Swim – We don’t have a pool, but my kids reminded me that we do have a water hose! Water tables are great, too! The girls drug me outside, put sunscreen on and played in the sprinkler one day then I remembered how much fun it is!
- Go on a Walk – The girls and I do this almost daily, we love taking walks! I try to incorporate it into my workout, but sometimes it’s just a walk for fun! Actually, a few days ago, my oldest walked her baby’s stroller down the road in her house shoes. Yup, I let her do that. #MomOfTheYear
- Picnic – We have at least one meal a day outside when it’s nice weather. I love giving the girls lunch outside because it’s less clean up for me during the day and it’s more fun for them!
- Family Outing – If you have a park, zoo or playground nearby, this is a great option! We try to make it to the park at least once a week. I wish we had a zoo nearby because I know my kids would love that. Another great option is to hike or even just go on a nature walk!
- Trampoline Time – We got a trampoline for Christmas and it’s seriously been the best thing to ever happen. The girls love jumping on there and sometimes we even can put the sprinklers under it! It’s a good workout for me too!
I am constantly finding myself wanting to go inside because of the wind, but am always taught something through the situations where we are outside. My kids love being outdoors! They’re happy out there, and we’re all happier (and more tired) when returning inside which makes us all happier throughout the day!
What are some of your favorite ways to get outdoors with your kids? What do you enjoy doing to get that daily Vitamin D? I would love some other ways to get outside with mine! Hope y’all are having a great Monday!